Posted to rec.woodworking
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default No Electricity Table Saw

"Lee Michaels" wrote in
message ...

"Leon" wrote in message

"Artemus" wrote in message

"-MIKE-" wrote

You don't have to crank it while using it, technically. It
adjusts the
height of the blade.
Unfortunately, with hard woods, you can only cut "so deep,"
so you need
to take shallow passes... kind of like a router.

The guy in the video seems pretty adept at
"making a pass-adjusting blade height-making a pass-adjusting
blade height"
pretty quickly, as I figure most users would get after some
practice.

For the money they want it should have a mechanism which
automatically
raises the blade height by a user adjustable amount with each
pass.
Art

For the money you can get an electric TS. ;~)

Sure, but I still think this is really designed for very small
precise work. Table saws in general do a bit of everything. And
when you start to do small stuff on the table saw, the danger
element goes up. Soooo......, something that reduces the risk
and makes small parts may be a niche product. But for someone
who could use it, it is probably really worth the money.

What's involved in sharpening or replacing the blade?

--
Nonny

Don't argue with an idiot;
people around you may not be