Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default No Electricity Table Saw

diggerop wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

"Artemus" wrote in message

"-MIKE-" wrote

You don't have to crank it while using it, technically. It
adjusts the height of the blade.
Unfortunately, with hard woods, you can only cut "so deep," so you
need to take shallow passes... kind of like a router.

The guy in the video seems pretty adept at
"making a pass-adjusting blade height-making a pass-adjusting blade
height"
pretty quickly, as I figure most users would get after some
practice.

For the money they want it should have a mechanism which
automatically raises the blade height by a user adjustable amount
with each pass. Art

For the money you can get an electric TS. ;~)

.....Or less even. I just bought a new 12" TS, L.H tilt, with
sliding table, two table extensions and a primitive biesemeyer style
fence for less than AUD$700

Just remember that to get a flat bottomed dovetail with a table saw you need
a special grind on the blade--but Forrest will sell you one of those for
about 1/10 what the device under discussion costs.

diggerop