Silvan

Default Is Usnet Dying?

George wrote:

No, I mean kids. The high-schoolers who, according to popular notions
have to teach their elders how to use technology, but in reality know only
GUIs, and in some cases don't even realize that the toolbars are common
across many programs, but instead keep bashing about, locking up machines.

Oh, OK then. I'll agree with you there then. These whippersnappers have no
idea how to do anything if they can't pointy clicky it. They're all
completely insulated from the underlying technology, and have no idea how
anything works.

It's a whole different world now. I worked on my boss's daughter's
computer. When I took it over to his house to set it back up, she was
there with a bunch of her little teenie bopper friends. They were tripping
over themselves with excitement at the prospect of her getting her computer
back, so they could chat again.

Teenage girls getting excited about a *computer*? O_o

I was born 20 years too soon. Back when I was that age, I was getting
beaten up for being a computer nerd.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/