Silvan

Default Is Usnet Dying?

Charlie Self wrote:

I guess comparatively speaking, maybe, but I wouldn't characterize this as
an urban area.

Oh, I dunno. Except I did get a good whiff of the barns as I ran the
bypass this morning.

Yeah, lotsa urban cow pastures around here.

Compared to my area of Bedford, you're urban. Compared to Bedford service,

We're the second most urban area in southwestern Virginia, I'd say. We're
quickly turning into Roanoke's bedroom. They closed the police academy and
started sending cops to Salem to learn urban warfare tactics.

Yeah, I guess we're becoming urban.

you're urban. It's going to cost me $99 a month for a damned satellite
hook-up, which essentially means I'm staying with a phone modem for the
foreseeable future unless I hit the lottery.

Yeah, well, wah. I can't afford broadband either. I don't have that
many options for that matter. Adelphia cable or modem. No DSL (ever), and
I can't use that satellite stuff either since I don't run Windows.

I'm used to it though. I've never used broadband except at my kids' school.
Sad when my web page loads faster off the net than it does off my own damn
hard drive. Those kids are spoiled. Won't even use the computer at home,
because it's too slow.

He might still have it. Should I try to sell it on eBay?

Hey, especially if you've got the box. All kidding aside, but it on with
NR, but a 10 buck starting bid and see what happens.

I can't sell anything on eBay anyway. My finances are a mess, and I don't
have any open credit accounts. Last time I checked, you had to have a
credit card so they could take their commission. I don't have that much to
sell anyway.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/