Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Seal between tiles and bath?

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 08:33:47 +0000, Ian White wrote:

But here's a slightly different problem: what about the case where the
bath edge has a rather large radius? After filling the bath and sealing
the gap by the approved method, I have no worries about splashes or
condensation getting past the seal, but instead we're left with a small
gutter in which water collects.

But the instuctions for baths and silicone seal almost invariably say
wipe down after use... Wiping down will also reduce the chance of
black mould and/or the brown detergent residue build up.

One of the strip profiles (about a 3/4in scotia) would bridge the gutter
without looking too ugly, but with the nearest DIY shed 65 miles away

Ouch I thought I was "remote" with the nearest shed 20+ miles away.
It certainly concentrates your mind on what you really need and how
much of it you need.

--
Cheers
Dave.