Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default No Electricity Table Saw

"Leon" wrote in message

"Artemus" wrote in message

"-MIKE-" wrote

You don't have to crank it while using it, technically. It adjusts the
height of the blade.
Unfortunately, with hard woods, you can only cut "so deep," so you need
to take shallow passes... kind of like a router.

The guy in the video seems pretty adept at
"making a pass-adjusting blade height-making a pass-adjusting blade
height"
pretty quickly, as I figure most users would get after some practice.

For the money they want it should have a mechanism which automatically
raises the blade height by a user adjustable amount with each pass.
Art

For the money you can get an electric TS. ;~)

Sure, but I still think this is really designed for very small precise work.
Table saws in general do a bit of everything. And when you start to do small
stuff on the table saw, the danger element goes up. Soooo......, something
that reduces the risk and makes small parts may be a niche product. But for
someone who could use it, it is probably really worth the money.