Posted to sci.electronics.repair
TonyS TonyS is offline

Default What's going on?

JeffM wrote:
Phil Hobbs wrote:

You really should check the header before posting such advice.
It appears that the problem isn't *getting* the proper software
but in not making the effort to learn how to use it effectively.

...and an additional layer in the stack improves the yield:
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...rl:www&num=100

Thanks for the links. I use Thunderbird and will look into this.
The strange thing is that never before I saw the need for any spam filter.

I do filter out certain unpleasant posters, which is only partly useful as I
still see the posts that reply to the OP.

I've been on usenet for close to 20 years end have never come across spam of
this scale. It's fair to assume that something has changed.