Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Default Router table on top of table saw...

Wade Lippman wrote:
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPR...ARTNUM=103-556

Did you put it on the right or the left? Does it matter?
Other than price, are you happy with your investment?

I've got it mounted on the left. That worked out well for me since the table
saw is towards the edge of the garage. Putting the router on the left side of
the saw puts me deepest in the garage. If I put it on the other side, I'd have
to open the door and stand in the opening to use it. G

That was my preference. I don't think it would really make any difference which
side you mounted it on. If you have lightweight aluminum wings, you need to
remove one of them and replace it with the insert. Since I had the heavyweight
cast iron ones, it's stout enough where you can just mount it on the end instead
of replacing the wing. The manufacturer expects you to replace the left wing,
but then again the manufacturer mispelled "Ridgid" (even though they had several
photographs of a Ridgid saw with the nameplate clearly visible in their
instruction booklet).) I figured things were open to interpretation.

Other than price? Hell, yes; I think it's great. My old router table was
pretty light weight. I don't have to worry about this one slipping away from
me.... it also makes for a wider support surface for the saw. I'm delighted
with it.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com