Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default Seal between tiles and bath?

Andy Cap
wibbled on Monday 26 October 2009 08:27

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 23:16:58 +0000, Tim W wrote:

Have you got 3-4mm gap and less than perhaps 10mm? If so, why not just
use silicone (a decent one not cheap rubbish)? That's what I've done - I
made sure to leave about 5mm gap +/- so I can get a decent plug of
silicone in that won't (hopefully) fall off the first time the bath
flexes.

The answer to that is to supprt the bath properly. One, with a batten
around the wall and two, by reinforcing the usually inadequate baseboard.

In my case, already done - 3x3" and 4x2" all round except the front - and
that has its own 2x2" frame bracing it to the floor and to carry the bath
panel.

There is still a tiny bit of flexing here and there - it's impossible to
completely eliminate it with plastic.

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...