Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default ceramic tile

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 21:24:33 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote:

On Oct 24, 11:14*pm, mm wrote:
On RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 24, 8:28*pm, mm wrote:

I didn't have any tools and it's a newly occupied 2BR apartment with
no tools and not even a wood yardstick. * I didn't see anything to use
as a straight edge, except maybe emptying and removing a dresser
drawer, but it wasn't my place to do that.

Tools? *A dresser drawer...? Either you've addled your brain with
injudicious use of recreational pharmaceuticals, or you're a troll. *A
straightedge is never further away than a piece of paper.

I don't think a folded piece of paper would be stiff enough for this
use. *At any rate, there was loads to do, and I left several jobs
undone when my visit was over. *(some windows didn't stay up, some
hurricane shutters wouldn't latch, screen for the turbo bathtub too
big and wouldn't go in place. *Receptacles had layers of paint. *No
door on guest room. *Door on linen closet not hinged.) *There was
nothing I could do about the floor, so it got no more time than it
did. *

If you can't determine if there's a noticeable change in height
between two tiles with the straight edge of a piece of paper, whether

Dang it. I told you in the first post that there was a noticeable
change in height. Lots of places.

And in the previous post, I told you why I didnt' have time to
investigate further while I was there.

I shouldn't have said it might be less than 0.5 mm without saying it
might also be more. And I'd give you 2 to 1 odds that the differences
are between 0.5 mm and 1 mm.

All I wanted to know was if 0.5 mm is within professional standards,
not all this other advice you've been giving me.

folded or not, then there is no gap to speak of and you're looking for
problems and finding them where there aren't any.

No. There are plenty of problems with the floor, every place
adjoining tiles aren't the same height.

It's also an APARTMENT.

It's a condo. He owns it. And the tile floor is in every room.

I hope you didn't point out your imaginary
problem to your brother in his new place.

No, of course not, and not because they're imaginary.

A large part of being
helpful is learning when to keep your mouth shut.

That applies to you too.