Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Seal between tiles and bath?

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 00:44:33 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
had this to say:

GB wrote:
Adrian C wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
For the tiled area, you can buy a roll of plastic strip 1.5" wide,
which is hinged down the centre (0.75" per surface). On the back is
a soft thick sealant. These work well if the surfaces are clean and
if they are applied by applying pressure with a roller to squeeze
the sealant tightly onto place.

Yup, works well - we've had that stuff in use for over 10 years now.

Any idea what it's called?

Alas I'd have to say it's called utter rubbish. Sorry to disagree with the
two respected advisors, but IME it's completely useless. I've replaced loads
of it.

Isn't that a Good Thing?

--
Frank Erskine