Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default display utility voltage?

hr(bob) wrote:
On Oct 25, 7:41 pm, aemeijers wrote:
Todd wrote:
Smitty Two wrote:
In article , Todd wrote:
I am thinking that the analog
with the red and green strips may just be perfect -- no
math required.
How much math does it take to read a digital meter?
Makes me remember where too high and too are.

Considering how low the R&D involved would be, sounds like a viable
niche market here. A combo nightlight and analog voltage meter, with
high and low markers like an old barometer.

I'd buy one. (as long as it wasn't over 20 bucks or so.)

--
aem sends...

You can get an el-cheapo multimeter almost anywhere these days. Plug
it into an outlet and see if it reads between 115 and 125 Volts when
power seems to be normal. Then just watch the meter whenever you want
to turn on whatever it was that you mentioned in the OP.

If you have a modern UPS connected to your computer that talks to it
through a serial port or USB connection, you ought to be able to set an
alarm whenever your line voltage goes outside of parameters (of course,
the UPS itself will probably beep when that happens and the UPS switches
over to the inverter - unless you're one of those guys who has to have
professional grade everything and you're using a "true online" UPS for
your home PC...)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.