Wade Lippman

Default Router table on top of table saw...

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
om...
Ron S. wrote:
I was considering building a fold down extension to my table saw that
the router would mount to. That way it would serve as extra area for
the saw when I wasn't using the router, and possibly be able to use
the saw's rip fence for the router.

I just installed a Bench Dog router tabletop to my table saw (a Ridgid

2424).
The directions said to remove the left wing and replace it with the table,

but I
eyeballed the situation and decided there was no reason why the existing

cast
iron wing couldn't support the table. I drilled four mounting holes and

bolted
it on. Works great without a bit of sag and I still have the use of the
original wings. A very slick installation, I think. The downside?

Price.

http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPR...ARTNUM=103-556

Did you put it on the right or the left? Does it matter?
Other than price, are you happy with your investment?