B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Default Is Usnet Dying?

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:29:29 GMT, Nova
wrote:

My next door neighbor works "network tech support" (internal to the
company) for Adelphia Cable. Prior to me showing him what "UseNet" was,
he didn't even know it existed. I suspect it is the same with many of the
"kids" working for various ISP's.

I'd agree with that.

I was an admin for a large, phone company owned, ISP from 1996-2000.
Back then, I was one of the few employees that actually used Usenet.

Our official policy was that it was not an advertised or premium
service. Very little money and effort was put forth on Usenet, and
our help desk probably didn't know what it was.

Barry