Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default MOT substitute?

On 24 Oct, 15:50, ct wrote:
Hi all,

I need to put some MOT/sub-base down for a floor-slab to an extension.
I have already put some down, but I need to top it up a little in a
few places - about 150kg or so. No where near me sells MOT in anything
other than bulk bags, though which is far more than I need, and I
don't have anything I could do with the surplus. Is there anything I
could use instead that is sold in smaller quantities?

thanks,

dan.

B&Q warehouses sell bulk bags of ballast. Not quite the same thing,
but may do.
Else look round for builders doing block paving etc. One of them may
have some spare.
In fact, I've got half a tonne of MOT here. Where are you ?
Simon.