Swingman

Default Is Usnet Dying?

The first Adventure game I saw was even before the TI-994A, on a mainframe
in college, so the TI 99/4a added fuel to a fire that was already burning:

"You are on a beach as the sun rises to light the day. To your North, along
the water's edge as the morning tide recedes, is what appears to be the
mouth of a cave . At your feet is a bag of flares, an axe, a map, and a
knife. You can only carry three of these items. Grab axe ... "Can't 'grab'".
Take axe. To the South is a ......."

I sold my 99/4a for $250 at a garage sale in the late 80's, including the GE
Cassette "hard drive". It was fully functional. May regret doing that one of
these days. Learned the intricacies of assembly language, and Introduced my
first daughter to the computing world with the kid's OS, "Turtle".

.... how time flies. Time to start using a calendar instead of a watch.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:49:10 GMT, wrote:

Or 'Pirates', on the TI ... before the PC came along.

I still have my original TI-99/4a and almost every piece of software ever
issued for it, EXCEPT the Milton Bradley EU that allowed voice controlled
games.
Yep voice controlled games over 20 years ago.