George

Default Is Usnet Dying?

No, I mean kids. The high-schoolers who, according to popular notions have
to teach their elders how to use technology, but in reality know only GUIs,
and in some cases don't even realize that the toolbars are common across
many programs, but instead keep bashing about, locking up machines.

As to e-bay, wait until I try to peddle Motorola's former pride(300/1200),
and I'll let you know....

"Silvan" wrote in message
George wrote:

You think any of the kids understand the Windows modem icon? I remember
my 300 had the top molded to mate comfortably with a standard desk set,

as

Sounds like you'd lump me in with the "kids." So yes, I do. We had one

of
those things when I was a wee lad, but I never used it for much. When I
got into BBSing in about middle school, it was via a PC with an internal
1200 baud modem. Dad used the 300 baud acoustic coupler deal for work,
from a Heathkit dumb terminal.

He might still have it. Should I try to sell it on eBay?