Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default ceramic tile

Master Betty wrote:
"John Grabowski" wrote in message
I was visiting my brother and they have 12" ceramic tile in most
rooms.

A lot of the tiles are about a half millimeter higher or lower than
the one next to it. Maybe less, but I can easily feel the
difference with my fingers, and when pushing a dresser, the dresser
has to be lifted up to get onto the next tile.

Is this work within professional standards?

*Every professional has his own standards. If this was a low bid,
fast install, get in and get out job I think those tolerances are
pretty good. If this is a multi-million dollar celebrity mansion I
would say that is unacceptable.

That seems like strange logic.

If you get paid less, you'd do the job intentionally sloppy? I'd
think a competent tile person would have to try to screw it up.

Fast, correct, cheap. Pick two.