V.E. Dorn

Default Pretty ticked off with Delta right now

Had been planning to buy a Griz G1023SL cabinet saw because I've been very
happy with all my other Griz purchases. I went to the local Tool Depot when
they had their tool fair a couple of weeks ago and saw that Delta was there
with their new cabinet saw the 36-730. It looked pretty good, was still 3
hp, had a 52 in Biez clone fence and they had a pretty sharp pencil. I
asked about the dado width and they rep looked it up in the catalog and said
15/16. I bought the saw because it was only $200 more than the Griz and had
the 52" rip capacity. I saw on their web site that the dado width was 5/8".
I called the factory to verify and they said it was a typo and that it was
15/16". I see the web site has been changed.

Took delivery yesterday and was a little stunned to learn that you have to
buy and "accesory" arbor to use a dado stack at all. While I may very well
like the saw (not put together yet), I don't have a good taste already
because I belive I've been deceived by their not mentioning this when I
asked. I should have looked at the arbor length when I first viewed the saw
but the insert has a screw to prevent taking it out - and I would have never
dreamed that it would be different than any other saw they make. Are
Unisaws this way? Thanks for letting me vent.

Don