Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default paint peeling (crown wipeable paint)

Stephen
wibbled on Thursday 22 October 2009 22:25

Actually the Blue Hawk looks like very watered down
emulsion and I have often wondered if I could save even more by using
cheap emulsion watered down but I haven't been brave enough to try.

I thought that's what everyone did anyway?

The main thing is to use a watered down matt, not vinyl.

I've seen it mentioned on some other forums that Dulux trade emulsion is
good for this. I've been watering down white Dulux "Rich Matt" because
that's what I happen to have large tubs off, as it's my main ceiling paint
(and very good it is too - good coverage and bugger all splatter, at least
until you dilute it, then it splatters like the morning after a bad curry).

I won't know if it's worked for 20 years for sure, but the mist coat seems
to be soaking in and adhering well to new plaster.

I dilute by about 10-20% (it's a bit random).

Cheers

Tim

--
Tim Watts