Default Is Usnet Dying?

David Babcock wrote:
Unfortunately the first response is pretty valid. Having been in the IT
field for over 25 years and having worked for a few ISP's, I can say most
ISP's don't want to expend the capital to support a small client base. The
younger people, and a lot of uniformed people use chat rooms for similar
information sharing (among other uses) Guess we're just dinosaurs........and
I remember dialing into a BBS (bulletin board service) ........so there
won't be any guessing what BBS means!

My first computer/modem was a Monroe 220 with a 110 coupler doing a
timeshare with Great Lakes Naval. Or an old Morrow if you want to talk
PCs that were store bought not homebrew. As for BBSs I ran RBBS and
Wildcat, the others were too clunky to be fun. And now my wife
complains when her T-1 is slow. How times change.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: