Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Need ideas (electrical)

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 07:35:01 -0400, "RBM" wrote:
-snip-
Jim, he should use a 4 wire inlet. He's not feeding his service panel, just
some temp lights and outlets in an otherwise non electrified pole building

I guess I forgot to start with my first thought. . . "Do it as though
you already have power to the barn. That way when you [or the next
guy] brings power to it, everything is ready."

I'd do it up to code with a couple 8' grounds- I might pass on the
interlock.

If this was a 10x12 garden shed I'd say 'go with an extension cord. .
.. . but it is a 36x48 pole barn fer cryin-out-loud!.

Jim