Mark

Default Is Usnet Dying?

Keith Carlson wrote:

I wonder how many don't care for web forums? One big advantage would be to
have a moderated forum. Be able to block random posters by requiring
registration, and being able to step in when a thread gets out of hand.

I'm on a very active Web forum. StangNet.com

For me the most attractive part of the forum system use to be the
ability to edit a post.

I started when the EDU account would only run mail and usenet. A browser
could be made to work with a bit of effort. Wasn't worth it on a 286.
Had a Compuserve account when it meant something.

Got a better computer, found a mail list I'm still a member of. Other
lists came and went. Found some forums. Only go to 2 or 3.

And I'm back on Usenet. Something about plane text and links that's elegant.

No Dancing Cars rims and tires. Though mail programs have these
damned things in them.

I think news groups can be easier to read. Definitely easier to archive.

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens,
A.K.A. Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the
suspense. (Gaz, r.moto)