Silvan

Default Is Usnet Dying?

Keith Carlson wrote:

I wonder how many don't care for web forums? One big advantage would be to

I hate web forums. For one thing, you have to either type in an editor and
then copy/paste onto the form, or else use the crappy editor built into the
form. That's probably my #1 reason for hating all such things web-based.

have a moderated forum. Be able to block random posters by requiring
registration, and being able to step in when a thread gets out of hand.

Hard to see how a woodworking group needs that freedom of expression,
though.

I'm sure there's probably a moderated woodworking forum out there somewhere
if you really want one.

Personally, I hate moderation. I wouldn't live in a gated community, or one
where there was a homeowner's association either. One of my neighbors lets
his grass grow so high he has to bush hog it every second year, but so the
hell what? I don't get to tell him to mow it, and he doesn't get to tell
me what color I can paint my shed, or how large my mailbox is allowed to
be. Suits me just fine.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/