Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Oxy/Settling welding equipment

On Oct 20, 9:21*pm, Ignoramus21294 ignoramus21...@NOSPAM.
21294.invalid wrote:
On 2009-10-21, Jim Stewart wrote:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/tls/1429930892.html

This reminds me of a guy who was selling a cheap MIG welder on our
local CL. The corollary of it was "just connect an acetylene tank to
it and start welding".

Would be almost as entertaining to see him try to do the tank
connection as the guy that was bugging the hardware store clerk into
looking into every brass plumbing fitting drawer so he could hook his
Prestolite regulator to a full-sized tank. Didn't believe me when I
told him the tank threads were designed so he COULDN'T do that. Told
him to wait until Monday and go over to General Air for an adapter.
Left him still rummaging around in the drawers, kept him out of
trouble, I suppose, until the place closed Sun. evening.

Stan