Posted to alt.home.repair
tmclone tmclone is offline

Default Floetrol -- no instructions to shake before adding

On Oct 20, 5:22*pm, "Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
Last week I added Floetrol to a pail of primer before spraying with it.
All I saw as I poured it from the jug was clear liquid.

Today as I started to pour Floetrol from the same jug into the topcoat I
saw some white streaks in it. I replaced the cap and shook it and found
that the Floetrol was now a milky color. I have read the instructions on
the jug carefully and have found no indication that it needs to be
shaken or stirred before using. I no more thought of shaking it the
first time than I would have thought of shaking mineral spirits or
lacquer thinner before adding them to the appropriate finish.

What is the possible effect of the unshaken Floetrol I added to the primer?

Perce

Ummm, none at all. HOWEVER, you did add ALL the floetrol to ALL the
paint/primer/whatever and mixed it all up together in enough quantity
for the ENTIRE project, right? If not, then DUH! you're screwed. Just
like if you mixed two colors of paint together without mixing them up.