Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Semi On Topic: Heating my shop

Leon Fisk wrote:

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 18:49:56 -0400, Wes
wrote:

Sure wish they made a 240v version of the
Kill-A-Watt.

I suspect an "adaptor" cord wired so one leg of the 240v ran
through the Kill-A-Watt would work. Just double the reading
it comes up with. At least that is what I would do/explore
if I really needed to use it for 240v (shrug).

You are absolutely correct. The Hobbs hour meter, given that I'm using a relay switched
line thermostat, will give answers with only a bit of pencil or spreadsheet pushing.

Now for something really wierd, uncle made a table lamp with a utility meter, to make it
spin twice as fast, he ran the 120v in one leg and then in the other leg.

Wes