Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Something to ask your attorney,,,,

On Oct 20, 8:05*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
tmclone wrote:
On Oct 20, 12:52 am, Oren wrote:
Do you back up data?

"IRREPLACEABLE DOCUMENTS"?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/sys/1428657397.html

"To the person or anyone that knows the person that burglarized an
attorney's office downtown Friday October 16: If it is money you
need, I would be more than happy to pay to get my equipment back, or
a reward to know where it is. There are IRREPLACEABLE DOCUMENTS on
the hard drives-you can respond or anonymize through here, or contact
crimestoppers and leave information as to where the items can be
found without leaving your name."

How stupid do you have to be to TELL THE THIEVES that they have stolen
IRREPLACEABLE documents? Why not just write them a blank check? I back
up each of two computers to the other one (in different buildings set
up for different tasks) each week, and once a month I burn/update a CD
with all the current/new "irreplaceable" stuff which is stored in a
third location. Not exactly rocket science.

Another trick: Google Mail allows god-knows how much storage per account
(more than 7 Gigabytes). You can ZIP up your precious data and send the
results to yourself as a gmail attachment.

It's offsite and available from anywhere.

If seven gigs isn't enough, get multiple gmail accounts.- Hide quoted text -

I don't know if my clients would like their personal and financial
information stored on a Google-based website.