Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default How to make a radio

On Oct 19, 3:04*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 10/19/2009 7:24 AM Geoffrey S. Mendelson spake thus:

farzad Beheshti wrote:

*I want to make a simple radio(reciever), without using any IC and by
capacitor, inductor, transistor, diode and other simple electrical
device
Would *you mind telling me how can I do that. Have you any reference
or do you know any website or group to help me

Search for crystal radio or "foxhole radio".

Well, that's one way to go.

But since the OP allowed the use of active devices (e.g., transistors),
just not ICs, why not build a "real" radio? But simple: how about the
world's most primitive superhet AM radio? or maybe just a "crystal set"
but with an audio amp to increase sensitivity? And how about tubes
instead of transistors?

I'd like to see some circuits for such projects. Say something that runs
off a 9-volt battery, maybe with 1, 2 or 3 transistors.

Superhet might be a little more than they can deal with and get
aligned but what about a regenerative? It offers simplicity with
reasonable sensitivity and a 'look what I did' factor.