Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Plumbing question

On Oct 17, 7:42*pm, wrote:
I did take a sample to ACE Hardware this afternoon, they measured and said
was about 1/16 inch larger than 1/2 inch copper......I do not believe it is
5/8....I just checked and compared with some new 1/2 inch I had in basement
and there is just slight difference in size.... pretty much, they look the
same to me.

What is the od measurement?

What did the ace folks measure it with? a tape?

You really don't care that is measures "about 1/16 inch larger than
1/2 inch copper", that is a pretty much useless piece of information

.......you want the actual outside diameter, measured with a caliper
to the nearest .005"

standard copper tube has the following "od's" ......... in your size
range
..5, .625 & .750

any other od's are not standard copper "tube"

ACR tube has the same od's but the size designations are
"shifted".........go figure?

I've been working with copper tube since the 60's and the sizes
haven't changed

for the spec sizes visit

http://www.copper.org/applications/p...dex_table.html

cheers