Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts David WE Roberts is offline

Default Quick alternative to scaffold?

"Mathew Newton" wrote in message
Hi all,

I wandered past this today:

http://www.newtonnet.co.uk/permanent/scaffold.jpg

(Forgive the quality, it was a quick walk-by capture with my phone as
I didn't want to arouse suspicion by taking pictures of somebody's
house!)

Are these commonplace? I thought it seemed like a quick alternative to
scaffolding towers. That said, it didn't look like the sturdiest of
things and indeed I was expecting to find something substantial at the
bottom but it was just similar to the top but without the platform!

It wasn't all that clear how it was erected, I am assuming you peg up
the platform at ground level and then slide the whole lot up? What
with though?

Doesn't look like an alternative to a tower to me.
If you erected a scafolding tower you would find yourself looking at the
roof from a fair distance due to the extended bay on the ground floor.
An alternative to a full scaffolding install, perhaps.
Doesn't look quick or cheap ;-)