Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default How to make a radio

farzad Beheshti wrote:

I want to make a simple radio(reciever), without using any IC and by
capacitor, inductor, transistor, diode and other simple electrical
device
Would you mind telling me how can I do that. Have you any reference
or do you know any website or group to help me

Search for crystal radio or "foxhole radio". You will need something to
tune the radio, usually a coil and capacitor, something to detect the
signal (convert from the electrical equivalent of radio waves to sound
waves) which can be a packaged diode or one made from common parts, such
as a crystal (usually galena, aka iron pyrite), an old razor blade, or a
pencil lead, and something to convert the electricity to sound, which is
usually a crystal or magnetic earphone.

So you will need some parts, but not many, and you may be able to improvise
them.

When I was a child, I used to make radio coils out of empty toilet paper
rolls. Much to my wife's chagrin, I still automacticly save them, although
I have not made such a coil in well over 20 years.

Geoff.