Posted to uk.d-i-y
mark mark is offline

Default Quick alternative to scaffold?

"Mathew Newton" wrote in message
Hi all,

I wandered past this today:

http://www.newtonnet.co.uk/permanent/scaffold.jpg

(Forgive the quality, it was a quick walk-by capture with my phone as
I didn't want to arouse suspicion by taking pictures of somebody's
house!)

Are these commonplace? I thought it seemed like a quick alternative to
scaffolding towers. That said, it didn't look like the sturdiest of
things and indeed I was expecting to find something substantial at the
bottom but it was just similar to the top but without the platform!

I've seen them used by the company that maintains H.Assoc houses in my
area.

Not cheap and you have to proide your own sturdy ladders.
http://www.ladders-999.co.uk/ladder_accsr_ldrscaf.htm

mark