Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default FYI - Ladder Stand-off/Stabilizer

On Oct 17, 9:54*pm, Red Green wrote:
Needed one to do some fascia board peaks. Picked this up on line for
35.50 (price when called order in) + $8 shipping UPS. They shipped the
day I ordered and had it in 2 days. Thing that attracted me to this one
was that depth is adjustable from 13-25".

Never had one of these. Worth every penny. All the times/years of trying
to work directly above my head while ****ting pants.

http://www.industrialladder.com/prod...ctID=652&categ....

Actual pic of unit in use. Set about half way depth.

http://i38.tinypic.com/29xu0dw.jpg

I bought the non-adjustable style of a stabilizer just prior to
replacing my windows, thinking I would have to do a lot of the work
from outside the house. Turned out I never needed it as I was able to
do just about all of the work from inside.

I did install it to test and it does work. Unfortunately, the most use
my extension ladder gets is when cleaning the gutters and I can't use
it for that job. I need to lean the ladder on the gutters so I can get
above them so I can't use the stabilizer.

I wonder if 25" would be enough offset so that if I mounted it low
enough I could still climb high enough to get above the gutters.