Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Simple generator transfer switch

"Jordan" wrote in message
In the $100 6 breaker box your getting the box and 6 breakers. In the
100 amp switches that I have been able to fine there is only one 100
amp switch and the unit costs $400. Does what I am looking for
exists? Why are these 100 amp switches I am finding cost so much for
so little?

That is your perception, but when you get into larger capacities, the cost
goes way up. I've seen 200A breakers for over $400. Unlike the typical
house breaker of 15A or 20A, the big stuff is smaller volume, takes more
time to assemble, has more critical components, etc. Same with big
switches. Get into the 100A range and $300 and up is the norm for a NEMA
switch. A 200A 4 wire can be over $1000.