Posted to rec.woodworking
rich rich is offline

Default Cove Molding

On Oct 18, 7:48*am, "Jim Hall" wrote:
Here's some more tips from Rockler.. Not pushing their jig. *You can fashion
one out of four pieces of wood bolted together at the corners. *I'm sure
they're handmade jigs galore out there on the internet.

http://images.rockler.com/tech/RTD10000352AA.pdf

"Jim Hall" wrote in message

Can you start with wider stock, 3", make the cove with the tablesaw and
then split it in half. *Take a look at this article. *May work for you..
Article has a rather elaborate guid fence tie down system. *You just need
to clamp it securely at each end..

http://woodgears.ca/cove/index.html

"rich" wrote in message
Hi, All.

I need to make a cove molding from a 1.5" square piece of fir. *I made
some for another project, 4" wide with the table saw, cut at an
angle. *But that was a wide shallow cut. *Can you make a round cut
with a 1 inch radius??? *No one makes cove cutters larger than 3/4
inch, so I'm guessing there is a trick.

__
| * * *
| * * ** * -------------1 inch radius
| * * * * *

Thanks for any help.....- Hide quoted text -

Jim: Thanks, that's just what I needed!!!!! Never thought about
cutting "two" then splitting them in half. Must have been brain dead.

Off to increase my sawdust supply.....