Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default FYI - Ladder Stand-off/Stabilizer

Red Green wrote:

Needed one to do some fascia board peaks. Picked this up on line for
35.50 (price when called order in) + $8 shipping UPS. They shipped the
day I ordered and had it in 2 days. Thing that attracted me to this one
was that depth is adjustable from 13-25".

Never had one of these. Worth every penny. All the times/years of trying
to work directly above my head while ****ting pants.

http://www.industrialladder.com/prod...2&categoryID=0

That's a great price if you're in the right place. They would have
charged me $40 for shipping. Mcmaster Carr shipped me one for $72,
delivered a couple years ago.

I don't know if it is 'getting old enough to know that '****' could
happen to you', getting too stiff to maneuver comfortably, just
getting smarter, or not being on a ladder often enough anymore. . ..
But I'm with you- they make ladder work a whole lot more enjoyable.

My property is on a slope that makes eaves work a real joy- so I also
got a set of leg extensions that year. They add a bit to the weight
of that ladder-- but also reduce the fear of dying by gravity.

Jim