Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

Default Semi On Topic: Heating my shop

What's that Lassie? You say that fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Fri, 16 Oct 2009 22:38:13 -0400:

There's this great gadget called a "relay".... It has a 24VAC coil, and
can switch 120 or 240VAC or even more.

Some are "solid state" - really triacs.

I'd like something that meets whatever rules my home insurance policy expects to see in my
dwelling.

Wes

There are units made exactly for that purpose that no insurance
company could legitimately complain about.

Got any names? I've been wanting to do this since the first winter in
my apartment. I think my thermostats are mounted in standard switch
boxes, so something that needs a 4" square box wont work.

--

Dan H.
northshore MA.