Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A good day, metal related.

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 17:17:51 -0400, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

I already commited to paying for a interlibrary loan search. Used to be free to search
now the library charges two bucks. Not that I'm complaining, I librarians time costs
money.

Yeah, but librarians are paid by county funds to which I already
contributed. When our library was a county object (they defunded it 3
years ago and the citizens are funding it now), they had moved to a $5
per book interlibrary loan. If I'm going to pay that much money, I
want a book I keep, TYVM. I found Amazon marketplace, ISBN.nu,
Alibris, and dozens of others which start pricing at a penny. I've
never sought another interlibrary loan. If I wanted a $500 research
paper, I'd spring for the $5 and scan the necessary parts.

This library is in a county that I don't live in so I have no issues paying. Thanks for
the tips on used book sources. I always like a deal.

I'm super che^H^H^Hfrugal, too.

Someone scored the 6.99 if I didn't miss it in the listing.

Next up is one for $7 even, cheapskate. I found it a really
fascinating book, having read it back in my entirely Neanderthal
years.

Okay, you shamed me into buying a copy.

Man, you're EASY! bseg

I recently bought 83 books for 11 cents each. I missed a deal on
2500 books for $300 recently. They would have been 12 cents each.