Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Replace Sears circular saw?

Red Green wrote:
Larry Fishel wrote in news:c40f8a2f-1671-4c45-bf47-
:

Worn bearings can cause it to roar,

My 25yo B&D indeed roars. Kerf is a tad wide too :-)

I have the twin to your saw sitting in my basement. Good enough for
cutting patches to screw over the woodpecker holes (last use I put it to
about a year ago- still sitting on the board I cut the patch from). If I
ever get around to redoing the closets with proper wooden shelves, guess
I am gonna have to buy a new one, since I don't have room for a real
table saw to rip panels with. Need to pick up some stiff metal channel
and a couple wide-jaw visegrips to rig a rip fence with too, I expect.
That wouldn't hack it for real cabinetry work, but it oughta be straight
enough for shelves and such.