Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Semi On Topic: Heating my shop

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:21:16 -0400, Wes wrote:

David Lesher wrote:

Wes writes:

I built a small room inside my garage that I could afford to heat electrically.

My needs require a programmable thermostat.

Since I'm using electric heat, I need a line voltage model. That changes one's choices.

No you don't....

There's this great gadget called a "relay".... It has a 24VAC coil, and
can switch 120 or 240VAC or even more.

Some are "solid state" - really triacs.

I'd like something that meets whatever rules my home insurance policy expects to see in my
dwelling.

Wes

There are units made exactly for that purpose that no insurance
company could legitimately complain about.