Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replace Sears circular saw?

On 10/16/2009 4:10 PM Higgs Boson spake thus:

Do they really stand behind the lifetime guarantee?

Doesn't apply to power tools like this, apparently, as others here have
stated.

My saw is so old I no longer have the paperwork. I brought it out the
other day and it would hardly cut. I don't think it's the blade; I
either had it sharpened or I replaced it not that long ago. It roars
a lot, but doesn't cut much.

Question: does it "roar" more than it did before? Do you remember how
noisy it use to be? Keep in mind that circular saws are generally noisy
beasts.

If it seems about as loud as before, probably nothing wrong with the saw
itself. Either the blade is dull, or installed backwards (which would
certainly explain poor cutting).