Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Replace Sears circular saw?

On Oct 16, 4:16*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:
Do they really stand behind the lifetime guarantee?

My saw is so old I no longer have the paperwork. *I brought it out the
other day and it would hardly cut. *I don't think it's the blade; I
either had it sharpened or I replaced it not that long ago. *It roars
a lot, but doesn't cut much.

If I walk into the local Sears and request a replacement, will they
waterboard me for info I don't have, or give me a new saw, per lifeime
guarantee? *or...?

Your experience appreciated.

I think there's only a lifetime guarantee on Craftsman brand hand tools,
so they'll just probably tell you "no."

Oops! I didn't know that. You saved me some embarrasment, if that's
the case.

Are we talking about a table saw or a hand held saw? *If a table saw and
the motor is just weak, it might be more economical to just replace the
motor with a better one.

Hand-held. Guess I'll look for one on sale, or good used.

Do you have any not- too- expensive brand recommendations for casual
home user..mainly rough cuts?

TIA