Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replace Sears circular saw?

On 10/16/2009 4:16 PM Nate Nagel spake thus:

Higgs Boson wrote:

Do they really stand behind the lifetime guarantee?

My saw is so old I no longer have the paperwork. I brought it out the
other day and it would hardly cut. I don't think it's the blade; I
either had it sharpened or I replaced it not that long ago. It roars
a lot, but doesn't cut much.

If I walk into the local Sears and request a replacement, will they
waterboard me for info I don't have, or give me a new saw, per lifeime
guarantee? or...?

Are we talking about a table saw or a hand held saw? If a table saw and
the motor is just weak, it might be more economical to just replace the
motor with a better one.

No, I'll bet the OP is talking about a handheld circular saw. Try a new
blade first, for chrissakes.