Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default OT - Insurers dropping Chinese drywall policies

RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 16, 1:53 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , Too_Many_Tools wrote:

I would agree...the problem seems to be the lack of retrieving damages
from the manufacturers and importers of the bad sheetrock.

Nonsense. The homeowners need to go after the *builders* who used low-quality
materials.

So, if your brand new car burst into flame you'd sue the dealer?
Relying to nonsense with nonsense doesn't make sense.

Absolutely if he hired the typical pirate law firm. They would comb for
whomever had wealth they could transfer to themselves and could be
associated in any way. It builds up the take because if they sue you you
must present a defense or bargain to be released. Often in the case of
the car dealer their insurer might offer $100,000 to make them go away.

Without going into big detail my buddy had a car for his daughter to
commute to college. The car died and he signed the title to dispose of
it as junk and gave it to a garage who was supposed to have it scrapped.
Instead they built a Frankencar and sold it. Two young men died when
the car burned in a wooded area (drugs and alcohol were involved). Along
with the car manufacturer and car parts manufacturer they are suing my
buddy for around what wealth they discovered because they claim some
service bulletin wasn't done sometime in the past when he owned the car.
You can't make this stuff up.