Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default OT - Insurers dropping Chinese drywall policies

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Oct 16, 1:53 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article
,
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

I would agree...the problem seems to be the lack of retrieving damages
from the manufacturers and importers of the bad sheetrock.

Nonsense. The homeowners need to go after the *builders* who used
low-quality
materials.

So, if your brand new car burst into flame you'd sue the dealer?
Relying to nonsense with nonsense doesn't make sense.

Going up in flames may be hard to prove it was the dealer or the builder.
There has been cases where the cars hit in the rear and burst into flames
people sued the motor company. Also a truck that had the gas filler just
behind the driver had the builder sued when it turned over on its side and
burst into flames.
The builder lost in both cases.
The companies that made or used asbestos were sued. This was years after it
was discovered it was bad for people's health.

The home owner should go after the builder for using substandard materials
and the supplier in China. If they do not pay for the replacement then the
US should not allow any imports from China of anything.

We should not be buying things from them anyway. Look at all the problems
their substandard items have caused health wise.
Lead in items. I think it was something in the paint of toys that turned
into a drug that affected young children when they licked it.