Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default repapering walls

"Jean" wrote in message
net...
I want to repaper the walls in the kitchen. I was hoping to avoid taking the
old paper down, but there are gaps between the seams in the old paper and I
thought they might show through on the new paper. Will they show through? If
so, is there any sort of "filler" that I can use to get rid of the gaps
before repapering?

Thanks,

Jean

Maybe but I have a moral responsibity not to tell you about it.

Hanging wallpaper should rank right up there with owning duck tape. Both
should require a license.

And to qualify you should have to remove repair some of the abominations
created by ill informed users.

Do it right or don't do it at all.

Strip, wash and size the walls preferably over an oil paint base coat tinted
to about the BG color of the paper.

Colbyt