Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Semi On Topic: Heating my shop

I built a small room inside my garage that I could afford to heat electrically.

My needs require a programmable thermostat.

Since I'm using electric heat, I need a line voltage model. That changes one's choices.

Honeywell makes a 7 day programmable model the TL8230A that seemed like a natural for my
work schedule since it offers better granularity than a 5-2 day unit.

My first google search was Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/HONEYWELL-TL82...5734040&sr=8-2
69.95 with free shipping.

Googling around found drillspot.com
http://www.drillspot.com/products/15... e_Thermostat

48.35 + 6.44 shipping

But I recieved it from Grainger today. They sell it for 76.75 and I have no idea of
shipping costs.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/6WY23

I sure don't understand the marketing strategies but I think I got deal.

Wes
--

The only thing Obama has repaired, is Carter's reputation.