Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dovetail Jig opinions sought

Leon wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
romanf wrote:

Snip

That wasn't meant to blast the jig store but to warn people to make sure
that they know what could happen using their own cards. I have a bit of
an
issue since their website also gives a Wisconsin location, so I do feel
they have a bit of culpability there also in not being straight up about
business with them being a foreign exchange.

Agreed, and something to think about, I was under the impression that the
Akeda was American, US. Have they already sold out to a foreign
manufacturer?

Just to be clear, I think Akeda is Canadian, but they don't distribute
directly. Right now, there are two distributors. One is thejigstore.com,
a company that shows as Milwaukee on the Akeda site link, but an Illinois
address and Mauritius address on The Jig Store's site. The second is
toolking.com, located in Colorado. When I was looking for mine, I checked
with both companies. Toolking didn't have the C kit,something that was
essential for my purposes and it would have been 3 to 6 weeks before it
became available. The Jig Store had the C kit but with a couple pieces
missing. They were willing to ship the C kit with the missing pieces and
to drop ship the missing parts when they became available (I need to follow
up on that) and to sell the one cutter I needed individually (I will get
another with the missing jig kit parts). That was why I went with the Jig
Store.

Like I mentioned, I really, really like the Akeda jig and I'm not knocking
the service I received from the Jig Store. I am not pleased that the jig
store lists a US presence but banks off-shore. Had I known that, I would
have used Amex instead of Master Card.

Rob Leatham