Posted to rec.woodworking
diggerop diggerop is offline

Default Dovetail Jig opinions sought

wrote in message
On Oct 13, 5:39 pm, "diggerop" toobusy@themoment wrote:

Thanks for that Charlie, - more food for thought

.....sigh ........ so many toys ...... so little time : )

You don't need to think too much about it if you know what you will be
using the jig to build and what kind of joints you want to make.

I actually bought the Akeda jig and bit set based on Charlie's
excellent, comprehensive review. I was looking to buy a jig for
project that would require a lot of half blind dovetails, and it
looked all too easy with the Akeda.

Although I haven't gotten around to using mine since my big project
fell through, my amigos (again.... Charlie should be getting a
commission for the sales!) have used theirs and absolutely love them.

It is a really nice, heavy duty, well made piece of machinery. I have
a new project coming up that I will be using it for and after the
performance of my fellow professionals, I have no doubt it will fill
the bill quite nicely.

In case I never said "thanks" Charlie,

THANKS A MILLION!

Robert

Thanks for the reply, Robert. From the testimonials of yourself, Charlie and
others I'm in no doubt that the Akeda is the best of its type. Still
investigating ther Woodrat and others, however, Charlie's "Swiss Army Knife"
analogy is undoubtedly correct.

Diggerop